Are you planning a trip to Laos anytime soon? Whether you travel for tourism or business, you most certainly need a visa. Of course, this does not apply if you are exempt. However, if you are not, keep in mind that you have the opportunity to obtain a Laos visa online if the purpose of your trip is tourism, and iVisa can help with the application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we suggest that you read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Bolivia apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, as a Bolivian national, you can apply for a Laos visa online, and iVisa ensures a simple and stress-free process for you.
What is necessary for the online application process?
Before you access the application page to fill in the form, you have to make sure that you have everything necessary for a successful application process. However, that should not be a challenge because every single item on that list is easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends. If you choose iVisa as your visa service, you are given the possibility to pick a processing time for your application. With that being said, you can choose from three different options so that you can receive your Laos eVisa exactly when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 3 Business Days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The price of your Laos eVisa depends on the processing time of your application. As you can imagine, the faster the processing goes, the more you will be charged. Here are the costs for each choice:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58 The prices above already include the service fees:
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can remain in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. A Laos eVisa is valid only if you enter the country through two specific border checkpoints. They are listed below. If you plan on traveling to Laos via another point of entry, you are required to obtain a standard visa from a Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge