Are you planning on traveling to Laos for tourism purposes? Then chances are that you must obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, all non-visa exempt nationalities are eligible for a Laos eVisa, which means that you can apply online for your travel document. iVisa ensures a smooth and fast application process. To learn more details about the Laos eVisa, you should read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Botswana apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Botswana, like all non-visa exempt nationalities, can apply online for a Laos visa, and iVisa will help you every step of the way.
What is necessary for the online application process?
The first thing you must accomplish before you access the application page to fill in the form is to put together the information and documents iVisa needs from you during the application process. However, that should not be a challenge. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is up to you. Applying for a Laos eVisa with iVisa means that you can choose the processing time of your application. You are provided with three choices so that you can go for the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 3 Business Days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The amount you spend on a Laos eVisa is determined by the processing time of your application. Basically, you get to choose how much money you are charged as well. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
As soon as you arrive in Laos holding a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to remain for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. For a Laos eVisa to grant you entry in Laos, you need to travel via the border checkpoints listed below. Any other point of entry will ask you to present a standard visa, which can only be obtained at a Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge