Are you traveling to Laos anytime soon? Then you should know that you may need a visa in advance. The good news is, however, that if your trip is for tourism purposes, you qualify for a Laos eVisa. This document can be obtained online, which means that you can avoid a trip to the nearest Laotian embassy. Instead, iVisa can help you get the travel document you need with little to no effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you can read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you will find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Brazil apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, as a Brazilian national, you are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa will help with the online application process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
While the process of getting a Laos visa online is not as demanding as the one you have to go through at the embassy, you are still required to put together some documents and information that are necessary for this operation. Even so, you should not have a hard time gathering everything you need, which is as follows:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
One of the best things of applying for a Laos eVisa with iVisa is that you are given a chance to pick the processing time of your application. To that effect, iVisa provides you with three excellent options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 business days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 business days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 3 business days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is strictly related to the processing time of your application. The rule is that the faster you want your travel document, the more money you have to pay for it. Please keep in mind that the prices below already include the service fees:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to stay within the country for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. When you hold a Laos eVisa, you can enter the country only via the points of entry listed below. If you choose another point of entry, you have to go to the nearest Laotian consulate and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge