In case you decide to travel to Laos for tourism purposes, one of the things you must consider is the fact that you may need a visa. According to Laos’s visa policy, only 15 nationalities are exempt, but the rest of them can apply for a Laos visa online. Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently, and it allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to get their travel document online. iVisa can help with the online application process. To learn more, please read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Bulgaria apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, as a Bulgarian citizen, you can apply for a Laos visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a smooth and fast application process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa is short, and the items on it are generally easy to obtain. Plus, you may already have what you need for a successful application process. Here is what you need to put together:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Not long. Plus, when you apply for a Laos eVisa using the services rendered by iVisa, you are given the opportunity to choose the processing time of your application. That way, you can opt for the one that best suits your needs. Here are your choices:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 10 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The cost of a Laos eVisa depends on which option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application. As you can imagine, the sooner you want your travel document to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. The prices are listed below and include the service fees:
- Standard –USD 54.34
- Rush – USD 54.34
- Super Rush – USD 54.34
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for a period that is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. To be able to use a Laos eVisa you need to travel via two specific points of entry. They are listed below. At the same time, keep in mind that choosing to enter Laos through another point of entry means that you have to obtain a consular visa. You need to go to the nearest Laotian embassy for that.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge