Are you planning a trip to Laos? Then you should know that the chances of you needing a visa are pretty high. With only 15 visa-exempt nationalities, most people are required to get a visa in advance. However, you will be pleased to know that Laos’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online, and this is where iVisa can help. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Burkina Faso apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Burkina Faso are among the nationalities that can apply for a Laos visa online, and iVisa facilitates the application process for you.
What is necessary for the online application process?
Before you access the application page to fill in the form, you should first make sure that you have everything you need for a successful application process. However, the task at hand should not be challenging because all the items on the list are easy to obtain. Here is what you have to put together:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is for you to decide. When you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you are given three options regarding the processing time of your application. That way, you can pick the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 10 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The cost of a Laos eVisa depends on which option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. Naturally, the sooner you want your visa to arrive, the more you are going to be charged. The prices are listed below and already include the service fees:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The period of validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you can remain in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Sadly, no. When you apply for a Laos eVisa, you are obligated to enter the country via the points of entry listed below. If you choose to use another, you will have to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and obtain a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge