If you plan a trip to Laos for tourism purposes, one of the first things you need to inquire about is the visa. After all, chances are that you need one in advance. Even so, according to Laos’s visa policy, all nationalities that are not visa-exempt can apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can help with the online application process so that you do not make too much of an effort. To find out more details about the Laos eVisa, below, you will find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Canada apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, as a Canadian citizen, you are required to apply for a Laos visa, but you can get it online with iVisa’s help.
What is necessary for the online application process?
The list of requirements for a Laos eVisa does not include things that may be difficult to acquire. In fact, chances are that you already have what you need for a successful application process. Here is what you must put together before you access the application page:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is your decision. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application so that your Laos eVisa is ready precisely when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 10 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The cost of your Laos eVisa is established by the option you choose regarding the processing time of your application. Therefore, the faster you want the processing to go, the more you will pay. The prices are listed above and include the service fees:
- Standard –USD 65.21
- Rush – USD 65.21
- Super Rush – USD 65.21
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are granted a stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. When you hold a Laos eVisa, you must enter the country via the points of entry listed below. Only they accept an electronic visa. If you plan on traveling visa other border checkpoints, you are required to go to the nearest Laotian consulate and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge