Are you planning a trip to Laos anytime soon? Then you should know that a visa may be required. According to Laos’s visa policy, only 15 nationalities are exempt. So, if you are not among them, a visa is in order. Fortunately, if you travel for tourism purposes, you are given the opportunity to apply online for a Laos visa, and iVisa can help with the entire process. To learn more, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the Laos eVisa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Cape Verde apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Cape Verde can apply for a Laos visa online when the purpose of the trip is tourism. iVisa ensures a smooth and fast application process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
As you will see for yourself, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa is not long. Moreover, the items on it are usually easy to acquire. For a successful application process, you must put together the following:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is your decision. iVisa provides you with three options regarding the processing time of your application. That way, you receive your Laos eVisa in the timeframe of your choosing. Here are your choices:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 3 Business Days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The amount you spend on a Laos eVisa depends on the processing time of your application. Needless to say, the faster you need your travel document, the more you will pay. Here are the prices per each option:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58 The prices above already include the service fees.
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
As a holder of a Laos eVisa, you can remain in Laos for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. When you travel on a Laos eVisa, you must enter the country via two specific points of entry. They are listed below. In case you decide to enter Laos through another border checkpoint, you need a standard visa, which can only be obtained at a Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge