Do you plan on traveling to Laos for tourism purposes? Then you may have to obtain a visa in advance. However, Laos made some changes to its visa policy recently, and according to these changes, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa ensures an application process that requires little to no effort. If you want to find out more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Chad apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Chad have the possibility of applying for a Laos visa online. iVisa ensures a smooth and fast process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
To successfully apply for a Laos eVisa, you must put together a set of documents and information before you access the application page. However, you should not struggle with this task. You may already have what you need, which is as follows:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is up to you. When you use iVisa’s services to apply for a Laos eVisa, you are given three options when it comes to the processing time of your application so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 10 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not much. Plus, the amount you spend on a Laos eVisa is established by the processing speed of your application. As a result, the sooner you want your visa to arrive, the more you are charged. The prices can be found below and already include the service fees.
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
Once you arrive in Laos holding a Laos eVisa, you can remain for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. Holding a Laos eVisa means that you are allowed to enter the country only via the points of entry listed below. If you choose another point of entry, then your only option is to go to the nearest Laotian diplomatic mission and apply for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge