Are you planning a trip to Laos? Then one of your first concerns should be the visa. According to the visa policy of Laos, there are only 15 visa-exempt nationalities. However, you will be pleased to know that the rest of them have the possibility to apply for a Laos visa online. With iVisa, you will experience a fast and stress-free online application process. In case you want to learn more about the Laos eVisa, you can read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Chile apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Chile have the opportunity to apply online for a Laos visa, and iVisa can be of help with the application process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
One of the best things about an online application process is that it is not as demanding as the one you go through at an embassy. Even so, when you apply for a Laos eVisa, you are required to put together a series of documents and information that are necessary for a successful application process. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Not long. Plus, you get to decide the timeframe in which your Laos eVisa arrives. That is because iVisa gives you three processing time options. That way, you can choose the one that best serves your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 business days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 business days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 3 business days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The cost of your Laos eVisa depends on which option you select as far as the processing time of your application is concerned. Therefore, the faster you need the document, the more you must pay for it. The prices are:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58 The service fees are already included.
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to stay in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. The points of entry that accept a Laos eVisa are listed below. If you choose any other point of entry, you have to obtain a standard visa from the nearest Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge