Traveling to Laos means that you most likely have to obtain a visa in advance. Most nationalities need one. However, the good news is that Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently, and as a result, you can obtain a Laos visa online whenever your trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa ensures a fast and stress-free online application process. To find out more about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of China eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, as a Chinese citizen, you qualify for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you obtain it with minimal effort.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa
Before you start the application process, you need to make sure that you meet a few requirements. But as you will see, the Laos eVisa is not a demanding document to obtain, and you may already have the necessary items. Here is what you need:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payment. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not long. Plus, iVisa gives you the opportunity to choose between three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 10 days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 6 days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not really. At the same time, the cost of your Laos eVisa is determined by the processing time of your application. The faster you want your travel document, the more you are charged. The prices are listed below and include the service fees:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa ?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you can stay inside the country for a period of no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. A Laos eVisa grants you entry in Laos only if you enter via the points of entry mentioned below. Any other border checkpoint will ask for a consular visa, which can only be obtained at a Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge