Are you planning to travel to Laos in the near future? If that is the case, then you should know that you may have to obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, if your trip is for tourism purposes, you are given the opportunity to apply for a Laos visa online. Laos recently adopted the electronic visa system. iVisa can help with the online application process so that you do not make too much of an effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we suggest that you read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Colombia eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, as a Colombian national, you qualify for a Laos eVisa. iVisa ensures a smooth and stress-free online application process.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa
The first thing you have to do before you access the application page to fill in the form is to check whether or not you meet the requirements. However, putting everything together should not be a difficult task. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That is for you to decide. How is that possible? When you get your Laos eVisa with iVisa, you get to choose the processing time of your application. You are provided with three excellent options:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 72 hours
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not exactly. The cost of your Laos eVisa is established by the processing time of your application. So, the faster you want the processing to go, the more you will be charged. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa ?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. You have to enter Laos via the points of entry listed below. If you choose to travel to Laos via another border checkpoint, you will need a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge