When you decide to take a trip to Laos for tourism purposes, the first thing on your mind should be the visa. After all, chances are that you need one before departure. Fortunately, Laos changed its visa policy recently, and as a result, all travelers who take a trip to Laos for tourism purposes can apply for a visa online. iVisa will help you get it with little to no effort. In case you are interested to learn more about the Laos eVisa, we suggest that you read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Comoros eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Comoros are eligible for a Laos eVisa. iVisa facilitates the online application process for you.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa
Before you access the application page where you find the form, you must ensure that you have everything necessary for the online application process. However, that task should not be challenging. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not as much as you would think. Plus, when you employ iVisa’s service to acquire your Laos eVisa, you are given three processing time options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 10 days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 6 days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No. Plus, the cost of your Laos eVisa is determined by the processing speed of your application. Naturally, the faster you want the document to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. Here are the prices per each option:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
The service fees are already included.
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa ?
When you have a Laos eVisa, you can stay inside the country for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. You must use one of the points of entry listed below. Otherwise, a consular visa is required.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge