Before you start planning your trip to Laos, please consider that you may need a visa in advance. If that is the case, you should know that if you plan to travel to Laos for tourism purposes, you can apply for a visa online. Laos recently adopted the electronic visa system. With iVisa, you can get the travel document you need with minimal effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we advise you to read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Costa Rica eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, as a Costa Rican, you qualify for a Laos eVisa. With iVisa, the effort of acquiring one is almost non-existent.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
The first thing you have to do when you decide to apply online for a Laos visa is to make sure that you can provide iVisa with everything necessary for the application process. That should not be a challenge because all the items on the list are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
As much as you decide. How is that possible? Applying for a Laos eVisa using the services provided by iVisa means that you get to pick the processing speed of your application. You are given three choices:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 Business Days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No. Plus, the cost of a Laos eVisa is influenced by the speed of your application’s processing. So naturally, the faster you want your visa to be ready, to more you are charged. Here are the prices:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58 The service fees are included.
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa ?
With a Laos eVisa, you are granted a stay that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. When you hold a Laos eVisa, you must enter the country via the border checkpoints listed down below. Any other point of entry asks for a standard visa, which can only be obtained at a Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge