Are you traveling to Laos in the near future? Then you should know that chances are you need a visa in advance. Most nationalities do. However, according to Laos’s visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities who travel to Laos for tourism purposes are given the opportunity to apply for a visa online. iVisa can help you in that department. If you want to learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Croatia eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, Croatian citizens can apply online for a Laos visa, and iVisa can help with the application process.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
In order to be able to apply for a Laos eVisa, first you have to make sure that you have at hand everything necessary for the entire process. However, that should not be a difficult task. Here is what you need to put together for a successful application process:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not very long. But please keep in mind that it is you who gets to decide the speed of your application’s processing. iVisa gives you three options so that you can receive your Laos eVisa precisely when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 10 days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 6 days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not at all. Also, the cost of a Laos eVisa is influenced by the processing time you choose for your application. Below, you will find a list of prices for each option. The service fees are already included.
- Standard –USD 54.34
- Rush – USD 54.34
- Super Rush – USD 54.34
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa allows you to stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. A Laos eVisa is valid only at two specific points of entry. If you choose another one, then your only option is to go to the nearest Laotian consulate and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge