Traveling to Laos most likely means that you have to acquire a visa in advance. Only 15 nationalities are visa-exempt, so the chances of needing one are pretty high. However, recently, there have been a few changes in Laos’s visa policy, and one of those changes is the electronic visa system. As it seems, all non-visa exempt nationalities who wish to travel to Laos for tourism purposes are allowed to apply for a visa online. That is where iVisa comes in. If you want to learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Cuba eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, as a Cuban citizen, you have the possibility to apply online for a Laos visa. iVisa ensures a smooth and fast application process.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
You cannot apply for a Laos eVisa unless you are able to meet all the requirements. Fortunately, the list is not very long, and the items on it seem easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That is your decision to make. When you use iVisa as your visa service, you decide the timeframe in which your Laos eVisa arrives. That is because you are given three processing time options for your application. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 business days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 business days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 business days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not really. Also, the amount you spend on your Laos eVisa depends on which option you choose when it comes to the processing speed of your application. Here are the prices per each option:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58 The service fees are included.
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
When you use a Laos eVisa to enter the country, you can remain for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. You must use one of the points of entry listed below. Otherwise, you must obtain a consular visa from a Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge