Whenever you travel to a new foreign country, one of the things you do first is to inquire about is visa policy. The same goes for Laos. Most nationalities are required to obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, Laos recently adopted the electronic visa system. As a result, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online provided that the purpose of their visit is tourism. iVisa can help you get the travel document you need with minimal effort. If you wish to find out more about the Laos eVisa, you can read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Cyprus eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, as a Cypriot national, you qualify for a Laos Visa, and iVisa can facilitate the application process.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
The first thing on your to-do list is to ensure that you meet all the requirements for a Laos eVisa. As you will see, the list is not very long, and you should not struggle with putting everything together. Here is what you need:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That is your decision to make. When you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you are given three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 Business Days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No. But what you have to remember is that the cost of a Laos eVisa relies entirely on the processing time of your application. The rule is that the sooner you need your visa, the more you have to pay. The prices for each option are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58 The service fees are already included.
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are granted a stay that cannot go beyond 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. A Laos eVisa grants you entry in Laos only if you travel via the points of entry listed below. Any other border checkpoint requires you to obtain a standard visa from a Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge