Traveling to a new foreign country takes a lot of planning and consideration. When you are thinking of taking a trip to Laos, one of your primary concerns should be the visa. After all, most nationalities need to get one before departure. However, Laos’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a visa online provided that the purpose of their visit is tourism. That is where iVisa can help. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we suggest that you read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Denmark eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, Danish citizens are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you get it with minimal effort.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
The first thing you have to do when you decide to apply for a Laos eVisa is to make sure that you can provide iVisa with everything it needs to get the process started. However, as you will notice, the list is not very long, and the items on it should be almost effortless to obtain. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not too long. Plus, obtaining a Laos eVisa with iVisa means that you get the chance to choose the processing speed of your application. You are presented with three options so that you can pick the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 72 hours
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No. Plus, the cost of your Laos eVisa depends on which option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
As a Laos eVisa holder, you can stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. You are obligated to enter Laos via the points of entry listed below. If you choose a different border checkpoint, you need a standard visa issued by a Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge