Are you planning on traveling to Laos for tourism purposes? Then you should know that you may be required to get a visa in advance. Since Laos’s visa policy specifies only 15 visa-exempt nationalities, your chances of needing a visa are pretty high. However, things are simple because you can apply for a Laos visa online, and iVisa is here to help every step of the way. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Djibouti eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Djibouti qualify for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa is not extensive, and you should have no trouble in putting everything together. Plus, you may already have some of the necessary items. What you will need for a successful application process is as follows:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not too much. Plus, you are given three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can have your Laos eVisa arrive precisely when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 business days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 business days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 business days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No, and you should keep in mind that the cost of your Laos eVisa is strictly related to the processing time you choose for your application. The prices of each option include the service fees and are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
When you have a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to remain inside the country for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
Not. Unfortunately, the Laos eVisa is only valid at two specific points of entry as listed below. If you decide to enter the country via another border checkpoint, you will have to obtain a standard visa from a Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge