Are you planning to spend your vacation or visit some family in Laos? You should know that you may be required to get a visa in advance. Most nationalities are. However, the good news is that according to Laos’s visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a visa online. With that, iVisa can be of help. We can ensure a smooth and fast online application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, as well as the process of acquiring it, you should read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Dominica eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, as a Dominican national, you are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you get it in no time.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
Before you start the online application process to get your Laos eVisa, you should know that there are a few requirements you have to meet. However, the list does not include anything out of the ordinary, and you may already have some of the items on it. Here is what you need:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
As much as you decide. iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can receive your Laos eVisa exactly when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 Business Days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not really. Plus, the amount you are charged depends on which option you choose regarding the processing time of your application. So obviously, the faster you want your travel document, the more money you spend. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are granted a stay that cannot go beyond 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. A Laos eVisa is valid only at two specific border checkpoints, as listed below. If you plan on entering Laos through another point of entry, you have to obtain a standard visa issued by a Laotian consulate.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge