When you plan a trip to Laos, one of the first things you need to take into consideration is the fact that you may have to obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, Laos made some changes to its visa policy recently, and one of those changes allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online as long as the purpose of the trip is tourism or visiting friends and family. iVisa can help you get the document with little to no effort. Below, you will find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the Laos eVisa so that you can learn more about it.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of East Timor eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of East Timor qualify for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you with the online application process.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
While the whole process of getting a Laos eVisa is a lot easier than the process you would go through at the embassy, that does not mean you can overlook the requirements. Even so, the list is not very long, and you may already have some (if not all) of the documents and information you need. Here is what you must put together:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Believe it or not, as much as you choose. iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can receive your Laos eVisa at your earliest convenience. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 10 days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 6 days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Actually, no. But what you should know is that the cost of a [Laos eVisa] is strictly related to the processing time you pick for your application. The sooner you need the visa, the more you are charged. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you can stay in the country for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. For a Laos eVisa to be valid, you need to travel via the border checkpoints listed below. Any other point of entry will ask for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge