When you plan a trip to Laos, one of the first things on your mind should be the visa. While 15 nationalities are exempt from getting one, the rest of them have to obtain one. Even so, you will be pleased to know that Laos’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply online for a visa, and iVisa can help you obtain it with very little effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information we provided for you down below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Ecuador eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, as an Ecuadorian, you qualify for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa will help you every step of the way.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
While the online process of getting a Laos eVisa is easy, you still need to make sure that you meet the requirements. Fortunately, the list is quite short, and the items on it are not difficult to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not too long. Plus, you are given a choice. iVisa provides you with three options regarding the processing time of your application so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs.
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 72 hours
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No. At the same time, you should know that the amount you spend on a Laos eVisa depends on the processing speed you select for your application. The prices are listed below and already include the service fees:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. The Laos eVisa is considered valid only at two points of entry. They are listed below. If you choose another one, you are obligated to pay a visit to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge