Are you planning a trip to Laos? Then you should know right from the start that chances are you need a visa in advance. Fortunately, Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently, and as long as your trip is for tourism purposes, you can apply for a Laos visa online. That is where iVisa can help you. If you want to learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Egypt eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, as an Egyptian national, you qualify for a Laos eVisa, and if you employ iVisa’s services, you can get it with minimal effort.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
While the online process of obtaining a Laos eVisa is quite straightforward, you need to prepare for it a little bit. That means you have to make sure that you fulfill a few requirements. That should not be too challenging for you. Here is what you need to put together to get the process started:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That is for you to decide. When you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you can choose the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can make the best choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 10 days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 6 days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No, and the cost of a Laos eVisa is established when you choose the processing time of your application. The faster the processing, the more money you spend. The prices are mentioned below and include the service fees:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
As a Laos eVisa holder, you are allowed to remain in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. The Laos eVisa is valid only at two specific border checkpoints. they are listed below. If you want to enter the country using another point of entry, you need a standard visa, and only a Laotian consulate can issue that.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge