Planning a trip to Laos may take quite a bit of consideration, but the first thing you need to think about is the visa. Since only 15 nationalities are exempt, chances are that you need one. However, you will be glad to find out that Laos made a few changes to its visa policy recently, and thanks to those changes, as long as you travel to Laos for tourism purposes, you can apply for a visa online. iVisa can help with the application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of El Salvador eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, as a Salvadoran citizen, you qualify for a Laos eVisa, and with iVisa, the process of getting it is almost effortless.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
As you will notice, the requirements for a Laos eVisa are nothing out of the ordinary. You need a few documents and some information to get the process started. They are as follows:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not much. Plus, one of the best things when you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa is that you get to choose the processing speed of your application. That way, you can make the choice that best serves your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 72 hours
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not at all. But keep in mind that the cost of your Laos eVisa is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. The prices, which include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa ensures a stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
Sadly, no. A Laos eVisa is valid only if you enter the country via the points of entry listed below. If you decide to travel to Laos via another border checkpoint, you are going to have to obtain a visa from a Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge