Whenever you travel to a foreign country, one of your concerns revolves around whether or not you need a visa. The same goes for Laos. However, there is no reason for worries here. According to Laos’s visa policy, 15 nationalities are visa-exempt, while the rest can apply online for a Laos visa provided that their trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa ensures a fast and stress-free online application process. To find out more details about the Laos eVisa, we suggest that you read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Equatorial Guinea eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Equatorial Guinea are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa will help you with the application process.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
The first thing you need to take care of before you access the application page is the list of requirements. However, as you will notice, you are not asked for anything out of the ordinary. Just a few documents and information. Here is what you need:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
One of the best things when you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa is that you are given the opportunity to choose the processing speed of your application. That way, you can make a choice that works best for you. Here is what you can go for:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 business days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 business days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 business days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not really. Plus, the amount you are charged depends on which processing option you choose for your application. The prices are listed below and include the service fees:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa covers a stay that cannot go beyond 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. At the moment, only two points of entry consider the Laos eVisa valid. They can be seen below. If you choose another border checkpoint, you need a standard visa, and only a Laotian embassy can issue that.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge