Are you planning to spend your vacation or visit some friends in Laos? Then you may have to get a visa before you leave. Fortunately, Laos’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to obtain a visa online. iVisa ensures a fast and stress-free online application process so that you invest minimal effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we invite you to read the answers to a few of the most commonly asked questions. You can find them below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Eritrea eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Eritrea can apply for a Laos eVisa. With iVisa, the process is short and straightforward.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
The online process of acquiring a Laos eVisa is as simple as it can be. However, you still need to meet a few requirements. Even so, as you are just about to find out, the list is short, and the items on it are easy to obtain. Here is what you need:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
As much as you decide. When you apply for a Laos eVisa using iVisa’s services, you are given the opportunity to pick the processing speed of your application. You are presented with three options so that you can choose the one that best satisfies your needs:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 Business Days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No. Also, keep in mind that the cost of a Laos eVisa depends on the processing time you pick for your application. Needless to say, the sooner you want your visa, the more you are going to be asked to pay for it. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rvisa_totalush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The period of validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
If you hold a Laos eVisa, you can remain in Laos for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. The Laos eVisa is accepted only at the points of entry listed below. Entering Laos via another border checkpoint requires you to go to the nearest Laotian consulate and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge