Are you traveling to Laos anytime soon? Have you checked if you need a visa? If that is the case, there is good news for you. According to Laos’s visa policy, as long as you travel for tourism purposes, you can apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can help in this department. We can help you obtain the document you need with little to no effort. If you are interested in finding out more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the answers to a few of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Ethiopia eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, as an Ethiopian national, you can apply for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa will help you every step of the process.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
As you are about to find out, the requirements for a Laos eVisa are nothing out of the ordinary. They are generally easy to acquire. That is if you do not have some of them already. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
You will be pleased to learn that when you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you are given a chance to choose your application’s processing time. iVisa gives you three excellent options so that you can pick the one that works best for you:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 72 hours
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not at all. Plus, what you should remember is that the amount you spend on a Laos eVisa is established by the processing speed of your application. As you can imagine, the faster the processing, the larger the amount. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid only for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa you can stay for up to 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
Sadly no. Only two points of entry accept a Laos eVisa. Any other border checkpoint will ask you for a standard visa, which you can only get at a Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge