Are you planning a vacation in Laos? Or maybe you have some friends there you wish to visit? Either way, chances are that you need a visa before you leave. The good news is, however, that you qualify for a Laos eVisa, which can be obtained online. iVisa ensures a swift and stress-free application process so that you do not make too much of an effort. In case you are interested to learn more about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Fiji eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, Fijian citizens are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa will help you acquire it in no time.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
The list of requirements for a Laos eVisa is not extensive, and it includes items that are generally easy to obtain. In fact, you may already have some of the necessary things. Here is what you must put together for a successful application process:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That is your decision. How is that possible? Applying for a Laos eVisa with iVisa means that you can choose the processing time of your application. You are provided with three options so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 business days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 business days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 business days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not really. But what you need to remember is that the cost of a Laos eVisa is strictly related to the processing time of the application. So basically, you choose how much you spend. The prices per each option are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa allows you to stay in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
Actually, no. You need to use one of the points of entry listed below. Only they accept a Laos eVisa as a valid travel document. Any other border checkpoint will ask you to present a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge