When you decide to travel to Laos for tourism purposes, one of the things you need to consider first is the fact that you may need a visa. Since there are only 15 nationalities that are exempt, the chances are pretty high. Even so, the visa policy of Laos allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online as long as their purpose in the country is tourism or visiting friends and family. iVisa can help you obtain the document with minimal effort. In case you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the info below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Finland eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, Finnish citizens are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa created a short and straightforward online application process.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
As you are about to find out, the requirements for a Laos eVisa are easy to fulfill. The list is not very long, and you should have no issues in putting everything together. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
As much as you choose. The fact of the matter is that when you apply for a Laos eVisa using the services provided by iVisa, you are given three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can pick the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 Business Days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No, but what you must keep in mind is that the cost of a Laos eVisa relies entirely on the processing time of your application. Needless to say, the faster the processing, the bigger the pay. The prices already include the service fees and are as follows:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa grants you a stay that is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. Only two points of entry accept a Laos eVisa. They can be found below. If you pick another border checkpoint to enter Laos, you need a standard visa. You need to go to a Laotian embassy for that.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge