Are you planning a trip to Laos? Then you have to check whether or not you need to obtain a visa before departure. However, chances are that you do since only 15 nationalities are exempt. Nevertheless, there is good news. According to Laos’s visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities can acquire a Laos visa online as long as their trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa created a short and stress-free online application process. In case you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, we suggest that you read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of France eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, French citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa, and with iVisa, you can get it with little to no effort.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
As you will see below, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa is not that long, and you should have an easy time getting everything you need, which is as follows:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not too long. Plus, one of the benefits you get to enjoy when you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa is that you can pick the processing time of your application. You are provided with three excellent choices:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 Business Days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not. But what is important to remember is that the cost of a Laos eVisa is influenced by the processing speed of your application. Therefore, you get to choose how much you are charged too. The prices are below and include the service fees.
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can stay inside the country for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. Unfortunately, only two points of entry accept the Laos eVisa as a valid travel document. They are listed below. In case you want to enter Laos via another border checkpoint, you will need a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge