Are you planning a trip to Laos? Then you should probably be aware of the fact that you most likely need a visa in advance. However, the good news is that Laos made some changes in its visa policy recently, and one of them states that all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online. As a result, you can avoid a trip to the nearest Laotian embassy. Instead, you can use the services provided by iVisa and get your travel document with minimal effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Gabon eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Gabon qualify for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
Before you get the process started, you need to make sure that you meet the requirements for a Laos eVisa. However, that should not be very hard. All you need is the following documents and information:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not long. But one of the best parts when you use iVisa’s services to apply for a Laos eVisa is that you are given the opportunity to choose the processing speed of your application. That way, you can go for the best possible option. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 72 hours
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
Not really. Keep in mind, however, that the cost of a Laos eVisa is strictly related to the processing time you pick for your application. Obviously, the faster you need your visa, the more you are charged. The prices are listed below and include the service fees:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
As a Laos eVisa holder, you are allowed to remain in the country for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. You need to use two specific points of entry when you hold a Laos eVisa. If you decide on another border checkpoint, you are going to have to apply for a consular visa at the nearest Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge