Every time you plan on traveling to a new foreign country, you need to check out its visa policy to see whether or not you need a visa. Laos makes no exception. The good news is, though, that Laos made a few changes to its visa policy recently, and according to one of those changes, all non-visa exempt nationalities are allowed to apply online for a Laos visa as long as their trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa ensures a swift and straightforward application process. In case you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, we invite you to read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a German citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Germany are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you get it with minimal effort.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
The first thing you have to do before you fill in the online application form is to ensure that you have at your disposal everything necessary for the process. However, as you will see, the list is short and contains items that are easy to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
No. But what you ought to know is that iVisa gives you the possibility to choose a processing time for your application. That way, your Laos eVisa arrives precisely when you need it. You are provided with three excellent options:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 7 days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 72 hours for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
Not much. Also, keep in mind that the cost of your Laos eVisa is determined by the processing time you select for your application. In a way, you decide how much money you spend as well. The prices are listed below, and the service fees are already included.
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you cannot stay in Laos for more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
No. A Laos eVisa is valid only at two specific border checkpoints.
- Wattay International Airport
Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
If you choose any other point of entry, you need a standard visa, and only a Laotian consulate can help you with that.