Have you decided to spend your vacation in Laos? Do you have some friends or family there you would like to visit? Then you should find out if you need a visa or not. Given the fact that only 15 nationalities are exempt, your chances of needing one are pretty high. However, you will be pleased to learn that all non-visa exempt nationalities can obtain a Laos visa online if they travel only for tourism purposes. iVisa can help you get it in no time. Read the information below if you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Greek citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Greece qualify for a Laos eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
To start the application process, you need to make sure that you meet the requirements for a Laos eVisa. However, there is no reason for concern because the list is pretty short, and the things on it should be easy to get your hands on. Here is what you need:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
In a way, that is for you to decide. We say that because when you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, we give you three processing time options for your application. That way, you can pick the one that is best for you. Here are the choices you have at hand:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 6 days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
Not much. Plus, remember that the price of a Laos eVisa is established by the option you choose regarding the processing speed of your application. Here are the costs per each option:
- Standard –USD 54.34
- Rush – USD 54.34
- Super Rush – USD 54.34
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos Visa, you can remain in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
Unfortunately, no. You have to enter Laos through one of the points of entry listed below. Otherwise, you need to obtain a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge