Are you planning a trip to Laos for tourism purposes? Then you most likely have to obtain a visa in advance. However, Laos adopted the electronic visa recently, and it allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to get a Laos visa online provided that their trip is for tourism purposes only. iVisa created a short and stress-free online application process just for you. If you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the answers to a few of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Grenadian citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Grenada are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
In order to be able to apply for a Laos eVisa, you have to put together some documents and information that are essential during the online application process. But as you will see, iVisa does not ask for much. Only for the following:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
That is your decision. When you get a Laos eVisa with Visa, you are given three choices when it comes to the processing speed of your application. That way, you can choose the one that best works for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 7 days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 72 hours for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
Not too much. At the same time, the cost of a Laos eVisa is influenced by your application’s processing speed. The faster you want your visa, the more you have to pay for it. The list of prices can be found below.
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa you can stay in Laos for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
Unfortunately, no. As long as you have a Laos eVisa, you must enter the country via the points of entry listed below.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
Otherwise, you need a consular visa, and only a Laotian embassy can help you with that.