Planning a trip to a new foreign country involves a little bit of research concerning its visa policy. That way, you can find out whether you need a visa or not. It goes the same when it comes to Laos, but you will be pleased to learn that Laos’s visa policy is pretty lenient. It allows all non-visa exempt nationalities who travel for tourism purposes to apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can help you with the process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we suggest that you read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Guatemalan citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Of course. The citizens of Guatemala qualify for a Laos eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
As you are just about to find out, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa is not long, and the items on it are pretty accessible. Plus, you may already have some of them. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
No. For your benefit, iVisa created three processing time options. That way, you can choose the one you want, and your Laos eVisa arrives at your earliest convenience. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 3 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
As much as you choose. What you should know is that the processing time you pick for your application determines the cost of your Laos eVisa. The list of prices, which, by the way, already include the service fees, is as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
No. Only two points of entry allow you to cross the border with a Laos eVisa. They are listed below.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
So, if you plan on passing from somewhere else, you need a standard visa issued by a Laotian diplomatic mission.