Planning a trip to Laos may take quite a bit of your time, but one of the first things you need to consider is the fact that you may be required to obtain a visa in advance. Only 15 nationalities can avoid an embassy, so the chances of you needing one are pretty high. Nevertheless, you should not have a hard time acquiring a visa since all non-visa exempt nationalities are given the opportunity to apply for a visa online as long as their trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa can help with the application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Guyanese citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Guyana qualify for a Laos eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
When you decide to obtain a Laos visa online, you need to put together a few documents and information iVisa needs to get the process started. Nonetheless, the list is not long, and you should have an easy time obtaining everything. Here is what you need:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
No. But it is you who decide the timeframe in which your Laos eVisa arrives. That is because iVisa puts at your disposal three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can choose the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 6 days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a Laos eVisa depends on your application’s processing time. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
The service fees are already included.
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to stay inside the country for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
No, only the two points of entry below accept a Laos eVisa. If you plan on entering the country using another border checkpoint, you have to get a standard visa issued by a Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge