When you are planning your trip to Laos, there are a lot of things you need to think about, but one of them is the visa. After all, chances are that you are required to get one in advance. However, what is important to know is that all non-visa exempt nationalities can obtain a Laos visa online as long as the trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa created a short and stress-free online application process so that you can get the travel document with ease. If you are interested in finding out more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Haitian citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Haiti are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you get it with little to no effort.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
The requirements for a Laos eVisa are nothing out of the ordinary. You just have to put together a few documents and some information so that iVisa can get the process started. Here is what you need:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
No. But you should know that you get to decide the timeframe in which your Laos eVisa is issued. That is because iVisa gives you three options as far as the processing time is concerned. As a result, you can pick the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 7 business days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 3 business days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a Laos eVisa depends on the processing speed you pick for your application. Here is the list of prices:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58 Keep in mind that the service fees are already included.
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can remain in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
No. The Laos eVisa is valid only at two points of entry. If you want to cross the border someplace else, you need a standard visa for which you must apply at the nearest Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge