Do you plan to spend your vacation in Laos? Or perhaps you have some friends and family to visit there? Either way, you need to obtain a visa before you leave. The good news is, however, that Laos’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online. Just keep in mind that the electronic visa is valid only for tourism purposes. With iVisa, you will get the travel document you need with little to no effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we invite you to read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Honduran citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Honduras are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
For your application process of getting a Laos eVisa to be a success, you need to make sure that you meet all the requirements. Even so, as you will see, you do not need much. Only the following:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
Not really. What is essential to know is that when you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you can choose your application’s processing speed. iVisa provides you with three excellent options so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 7 days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 72 hours for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The amount you are charged for a Laos eVisa is established when you select the processing time of your application. The faster the processing, the larger the amount. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
As a Laos eVisa holder, you are granted a stay that cannot go beyond 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
Unfortunately, no. A Laos eVisa is accepted only at two points of entry in Laos. They are listed below.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
Choosing a different one means that you have to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a standard visa.