Every time you plan a trip to a new foreign country, you have to do some research on its visa policy to see whether or not you need a visa in advance. Laos makes no exception. However, we have good news about that. According to Laos’s visa policy, all nationalities that are not visa-exempt can apply for a Laos visa online as long as they travel for tourism purposes. iVisa can help you get it with minimal effort. If you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, we suggest that you read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. You can find them below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a citizen of Hong Kong, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Hong Kong qualify for a Laos eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
The first thing you need to accomplish before you access the application page to fill in the form is to make sure that you have everything necessary for the process. The list of requirements includes the following:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
No. But just so you know, you can choose the timeframe within which your Laos eVisa is ready. iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can make the best choice for you. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 7 days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 72 hours for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The amount you spend on a [Laos eVisa] is influenced by the processing speed of your application. So, if you think about it, you choose that as well. The prices of each option are below, and keep in mind that all service fees are already included.
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The [Laos eVisa] is a Single Entry visa.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
If you hold a Laos eVisa, you cannot stay for more than 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
No. A Laos eVisa grants you entry only if you travel via one of the border checkpoints below.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
Any other point of entry will ask you to present a standard visa, and you can get that only from a Laotian consulate.