Are you planning a trip to Laos? Then you should check whether or not you need to obtain a visa before departure. Of course, since only 15 nationalities are spared the trip to the embassy, your chances of needing one are pretty high. But do not worry. As long as you travel for tourism purposes, Laos’s visa policy allows you to get a visa online, and iVisa can be of help with the application process. You should read the information below to learn more about the Laos eVisa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Hungarian citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Hungary have access to a Laos eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
One of the first things you need to do before you start the application process for a Laos eVisa is to check if you meet the requirements. Even so, the task at hand is not at all complicated. Here is what you need:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
Not really. What you should keep in mind is that when you apply for a Laos eVisa using the services provided by iVisa, you are given the opportunity to choose your application’s processing speed. You are presented with three options:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 6 days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a Laos eVisa depends on which option you select as far as the processing time of your application is concerned. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 54.34
- Rush – USD 54.34
- Super Rush – USD 54.34
The service fees are included.
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa expires in 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you cannot stay for more than 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
No. With a Laos eVisa, you can cross the Laotian border only via two points of entry. They are mentioned below. Any other border checkpoint will ask for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge