Are you interested in a trip to Laos? If so, then you ought to know that you may be required to obtain a visa in advance. However, you should have an easy time getting one. That is because the visa policy of Laos allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to acquire a Laos visa online provided that the purpose of their trip is tourism. iVisa can help you get the necessary travel document with minimal effort. To find out more details about the Laos eVisa, you can read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions we lined up for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As an Icelandic citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, same as all the other nationalities, the citizens of Iceland are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
To be able to apply for a Laos eVisa, you must first take care of the requirements. But, as you will see, the list is not long, and you should not struggle with putting everything together. Here is what you must have at hand:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
No. Plus, you get to choose the timeframe in which your Laos eVisa is issued. That is because iVisa gives you three processing time options. That way, you can pick the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 3 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The amount you spend on your Laos eVisa is determined by the option you choose as far as the processing speed is concerned. Naturally, the sooner you want your visa, the more you are charged. The prices, which already include the service fees, are listed below.
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
As long as you hold a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
No. You must use one of the points of entry listed below.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
If you choose a different one, you have to go to the nearest Laotian diplomatic mission and apply for a standard visa.