Planning a trip to Laos takes quite a bit of time and plenty of consideration. However, one of the first things you need to check is whether or not you need a visa. And if you do, you must apply for one. Fortunately, Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently, and as a result, all non-visa exempt nationalities are given the possibility to acquire a Laos visa online. With iVisa, you can get the document in no time. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we put together the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. You can find them down below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As an Indian citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of India are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa will help with the process.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
One of the first things you need to do before you fill in the application form is to make sure that you have everything necessary for a successful application process. But that should not be very hard. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
Not really. Plus, if you choose iVisa’s services to apply for a Laos eVisa, you are given the opportunity to pick the processing time of your application. That way, you can choose an option that best satisfies your needs. Your choices are as follows:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 7 days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 72 hours for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. It depends on the which option you select when it comes to the processing speed of your application. Therefore:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58 The service fees are already included.
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa expires in 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
If you hold a Laos eVisa, your stay is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
Unfortunately, the Laos eVisa is accepted only at two border checkpoints, as listed below.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
Keep in mind that if you choose to cross the border via another point of entry, you need a standard visa, for which you must go to the nearest Laotian embassy.