Planning a trip to Laos means a lot of things. You need to cover transportation, accommodation, and a number of other aspects that will make your trip comfortable. However, did you know that you may also be required to get a visa in advance? Only 15 nationalities are exempt, so your chances of needing one are pretty good. But there is no reason for concern. Apparently, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online as long as the trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa can help with the application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As an Iranian citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Iran, same as all the other nationalities, are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
There is one thing you need to do before you access the application page to fill in the form, and that is to make sure that you meet the requirements. Even so, you should not find this task challenging. You need very few things, and they are easy to acquire. They are as follows:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
Not at all. Plus, it is you who gets to pick the processing speed of your application. That way, your Laos eVisa arrives exactly when you need it. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 6 days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The processing speed you choose for your application also determines the cost of your Laos eVisa. So, the sooner you want your visa, the more you are charged. The prices are listed below and already include the service fees.
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa expires in 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for a period that cannot go beyond. 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
Unfortunately, no. When you opt for a Laos eVisa, you are obligated to cross the border through the two checkpoints mentioned below.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
If you choose a different one, then your only option is to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and acquire a standard visa.