When you plan on taking a trip to Laos, one of the first things you need to take care of is the visa. According to Laos’s visa policy, only 15 nationalities are exempt, but all the others are required to obtain a visa in advance. However, it is not all that bad. Why? Because as long as you travel to Laos for tourism purposes, you can apply for a Laos visa online no matter what nationality you are. With iVisa, you will get the document you need with very little effort. For more information about the Laos eVisa, we suggest that you read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you will find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As an Iraqi citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Iraq qualify for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa will help you get it every step of the way.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
Not much. A Laos eVisa is not a demanding document to obtain. All you need is a few documents and some information so that iVisa can get the process started. Here is what you must have at hand during the application process:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
No. When you apply for a Laos eVisa using the services rendered by iVisa, you are given the possibility to choose the processing speed of your application. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 6 days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The processing speed you select for you application also determines the cost of your Laos eVisa. Naturally, the faster you want the processing to go, the more you spend. Here are the prices:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa allows you to remain in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
No. To be able to use a Laos eVisa, you have to enter the country using one of the border checkpoints listed below. Otherwise, you need to obtain a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge