Are you planning a trip to Laos? Did you check if you need a visa? In case you do need to get one in advance, we have good news for you. Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently, and as a result, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online. Of course, the rule is valid only if you travel for tourism purposes, but it is a good start. iVisa can help with the online application process so that you do not make too much of an effort. If you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As an Irish citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Ireland have access to a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you with the application process.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
One of the first things you need to take care of is the requirements. But, as you will see, you do not need much to obtain a Laos eVisa. Only the following:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
Not as long as you would think. iVisa is pretty prompt. Plus, you are given three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 6 days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The processing time you choose for your application not only determines how soon you receive your Laos eVisa but its cost as well. So, the sooner you want the document, the more you have to pay for it. The prices are listed below, and keep in mind that the service fees are already included.
- Standard –USD 54.34
- Rush – USD 54.34
- Super Rush – USD 54.34
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you cannot stay for more than 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
Sadly, no. A Laos eVisa grants you entry only as long as you travel via the border checkpoints listed below. If you choose another one, then your only alternative is to obtain a standard visa issued by a Laotian consulate.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge