Are you going to Laos anytime soon? Then you should check whether or not you need a visa. But even if you do, you should not have a hard time getting one. Why? Because Laos recently adopted the electronic visa system. This system allows all nationalities that are not visa-exempt to apply for a Laos visa online. The only condition is that you use the electronic visa for tourism purposes only. iVisa can help you with the application process if you want. To find out more about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As an Israeli citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Israel qualify for a Laos eVisa, same as all the other nationalities.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
You cannot apply for a Laos eVisa unless you can meet the requirements. Nevertheless, putting everything together should not be a challenge. You only need the following documents and information:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
Not at all. Moreover, you are given three processing time options so that you can decide the timeframe in which your Laos eVisa is ready. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 7 business days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 3 business days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The amount you are charged for a Laos eVisa is established by the processing speed you choose for your application. Therefore:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58 The prices already include the service fees.
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
The maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa is of 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
No. As long as you opt for a Laos eVisa, you have two border checkpoints you can use. They are listed below. If you plan on crossing the border through another point of entry, you are required to obtain a standard visa. You can get it only form a Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge