Do you plan on spending your vacation in Laos? Or maybe you have some friends or family there you would like to visit. Either way, chances are that you need a visa before departure. However, since Laos adopted the electronic visa system, all non-visa exempt nationalities are given the opportunity to apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can be of assistance in this department. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should take a minute and read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As an Italian citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Italy are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
Before you start the online application process to acquire a Laos eVisa, you should first make sure that you have everything necessary for the entire operation. That should not be a complicated task. Chances are that you already have what you need, which is as follows:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
Not really. Plus, one of the benefits of an online application process is that you are in control. As far as processing speed goes, you are given three options. That way, you can have your Laos eVisa precisely when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 3 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
Not much. Besides, the cost of a Laos eVisa depends on which processing time option you choose during the application process. The prices for each option are as follows:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34 The service fees are included.
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
Sadly, no. Not yet, anyway. Only two border checkpoints will let you cross with a Laos eVisa. They are mentioned below. If you plan on crossing via another point of entry, you need a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge