Is a trip to Laos in your schedule? Then you should know that you probably must obtain a visa in advance. However, as long as you travel for tourism purposes, Laos’s visa policy gives you the opportunity to apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can help with that by ensuring a fast and stress-free application process. In case you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, we suggest that you read the answers to a few of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Jamaican citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Jamaica can apply for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help with the process.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
To be able to apply for a Laos eVisa, you must first make sure that you have everything necessary for a successful application process. However, that should not be a difficult task. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
Not at all. In fact, when you apply for a Laos eVisa using iVisa’s services, you are given the possibility to choose the processing speed of your application. You are provided with three options so that you can pick the one that works best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 6 days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is established during the application process when you are asked to choose the processing time of your application. Therefore:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
The prices above already include the service fees.
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
Unfortunately, no. A Laos eVisa is valid only if you enter the country via the points of entry listed below. If you choose a different border checkpoint, you are going to have to obtain a standard visa from a Laotian consulate.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge