Are you traveling to Laos in the near future? If so, you should know that chances are you need a visa in advance. However, according to Laos visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online provided that the trip is solely for tourism purposes. With iVisa, you will experience a smooth and stress-free online application process. You should take a moment and read the information we put at your disposal below to learn more about the Laos eVisa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Kenyan citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Kenya are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa will help you with the online application process so that you do not make too much of an effort.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
Not much. As you are just about to find out, the Laos eVisa is not a demanding document to obtain. You do not need much, and the necessary items are generally easy to acquire. Here is what you must put together for a successful application process:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
No. At the same time, you should know that it is you who decides the timeframe in which your Laos eVisa is issued. That is because iVisa gives you three processing time options, and you need to pick the one that best satisfies your needs. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 3 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
That depends. The cost of a Laos eVisa is influenced by the option you pick when it comes to the processing time of your application. So, the faster you want your visa, the more you will spend on it. The prices are below and already include the service fees.
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa expires in 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
The maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa is of 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
No. As long as you hold a Laos eVisa, you are compelled to cross the border through the points of entry listed below. Any other border checkpoint will ask for a standard visa, for which you can apply only at a Laotian consulate.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge