Traveling to Laos means that you may have to apply for a visa in advance. What you should know, however, is that Laos made a few changes in its visa policy recently. One of those changes includes an electronic visa. So, as long as you travel to Laos for tourism purposes, no matter what nationality you are, you can obtain a Laos visa online. iVisa can help you get the document you need with minimal effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should take a moment and read the information we put together for you down below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As an I-Kiribati citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Kiribati, same as all the other non-visa exempt nationalities, can apply for a Laos eVisa. iVisa will help you every step of the way.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa is not long. Plus, the items on it are usually easy to acquire. Here is what you must put together for a successful application process:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
No. Plus, when you use iVisa’s services to obtain a Laos eVisa, you are given three processing time options. That way, you can choose the one that best works for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 7 business days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 3 business days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. In fact, it is determined by the processing time option you choose for your application. So, the sooner you want your travel document to be ready, the more you will pay for it. Here are the prices:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
The service fees are already included.
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
As a Laos eVisa holder, you are allowed to stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
No. You need to go through one of the points of entry listed below. Only they hold the Laos eVisa valid. Any other border checkpoint will ask you to present a standard visa, which you can only acquire at a Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge