Are you planning a trip to Laos? Did you check if you need a visa in advance? If not, then you should. Nevertheless, even if you do need to get a visa in advance, you will not have a hard time accomplishing that task. That is because Laos has an electronic visa system in place, which allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online provided that they travel for tourism purposes. With iVisa, you will experience a short and straightforward application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Kuwaiti citizen, can I apply for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Kuwait, like all the other non-visa exempt nationalities, can obtain a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can be incredibly helpful with the process.
What do I need to successfully apply for a Laos eVisa?
The first thing you have to do before you start the application process is to make sure that you meet the requirements for a Laos eVisa. Nonetheless, you should not experience any difficulties in getting everything necessary for the process. Here is what you need:
- Passport – before you start the application process, take a look at your passport's expiry date. It must maintain its validity for another 6 months from the arrival date in Laos and have at least one blank page for stamping
- Passport photo – for the picture to be valid, it must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a passport photo
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation is enough
- E-mail address – your Laos eVisa will arrive via e-mail in PDF format. You are required to print it out before departure. We suggest that you have on you more than one physical copy, just in case you may lose one
- Means of payment – iVisa is pretty flexible when it comes to payments. You can pay using a credit/debit card, but we also accept PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
Do I have to wait long for my Laos eVisa to arrive?
No. Besides, you get to choose the timeframe in which your Laos eVisa is ready. iVisa provides you with three processing time for your application so that you can make the best choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your travel document arrives within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait 6 days for your Laos eVisa to be ready
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
Not much. At the same time, you should know that the Laos eVisa does not have a fixed cost. It depends on which option you choose as far as the processing time of your application is concerned. Therefore:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
The service fees are already included.
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times entries am I granted with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to stay in Laos for a period that is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa accepted at any border checkpoint?
Unfortunately, no. When you obtain a Laos eVisa, you are compelled to cross the border through two specific points of entry, as mentioned below. If you plan on entering Laos via other border checkpoints, you have to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge